The Applicon i-Banking has been fully integrated to the SAP Banking suite, meaning that all SAP banking services that are relevant for the internet bank user are available as part of the SAP banking Service Repository (SSR).
Because Applicon i-Banking is independent of standard back end system the SSR role is to represent internet banking business logic related to standard SAP Banking BAPIs.
The SAP banking Service Repository (SSR) serves as a layer between the Service Hub and SAP Banking suite. The SSR is developed in Applicon’s namespace in SAP and is a standard package that is possible to customize but does not require changes to standard BAPI’s in SAP.
The SSR is responsible for integration with SAP, e.g.
- Creating new bank accounts like Savings Accounts and Term Deposits.
- Creating payment orders and payment transfers.
- List transactions/accounts for a customer.
- Errors handling
On one of the drawings attached is an example of the process when a request is sent through the Applicon i-Banking application to the SAP banking Service Repository.
The following is an example of some of the business logic in a function module in SSR that creates a savings account.
- Verify input parameters, e.g. partner number not empty.
- Get the posting date for the bank area.
- Prepare the BAPI call. E.g. find condition area, reference account for balancing if needed, set bank statement type, etc.
- Populate the necessary BAPI structures with the data collected.
- Call BAPI to create new account.
- Error handling, commit or rollback.
- If successful return the account number of the newly created account to the service hub.